Wednesday, April 20, 2016

• INTEGRITY has NO NEED of rules •



So today we had our PUBSPE competition, April 20, 2016.

Butterflies in my stomach.

Worries. 

Relief. 

We were started off with a quick orientation about today's event which was led by no other than Ms. Nina De Leon along with her children from APC Speaks. Although I have my perception of APC Speaks members to be organized and professional when it comes to their delivery, I was quite disappointed. Ms. Nina without a doubt did a great job but their lack of explanations for the criteria was a little off. For instance, knowing the criteria would be a way of help for us contestants so we'd give it our all but na-da.

We were then assigned rooms.

I was in room 607 with Angela and the rest was history.

I couldn't shake off the idea of doubt, choking and forgetting because I knew it was bound to happen and so I decided to distract myself by listening to each speakers' performance. They were great. I waited my turn and did my best to remember everything I practiced for but in the back of my mind, I just wanted to get things over with and when the round was finished I was overjoyed. We headed back to the auditorium, reuniting with our sections and waited for the announcement. We were all relaxed but we were more anxious to get out of the audi and have our lunches jk.

THEN the finalists were announced and did their parts.

TWO from our section were selected and we were in heaps of happiness! Jerica Valerio and John David Gulle. They both did great and I couldn't be more honoured to have been part of a competition in which they both were entered as well. It was a good day, indeed.

Jerica Valerio
John Gulle

No comments:

Post a Comment