Sunday, March 6, 2016

• One of a Kind: Jon Santos •

Jon Santos was in my school last week and I wasn't there for the show.

So I will just blog things about him that I've found in the internet. 

Jonathan Adriano Santos was born on January 18, 1966. More popularly known as Jon Santos, is a Filipino comedian, actor, and impersonator who has done more than 50 different impersonations such as Ate Vi and Juan Flavor, probably two of his most famous impersonations. He is one of the three Philippine show business personalities (the other two being Maila Gumila and Amanda Griffin) who have Argawanon blood.


He is intelligent. 

He graduated University of the Philippines in 1987, was set to teach high school economics but ended up entering the comedy industry. He decided to try comedy writing for  TV and live stand-up comedy for a year.  "Around the last three sems ng aking Eco sa UP, I was already doing support roles in the live shows of Willie Nepomuceno and Tessie Tomas."

He is happily married to West Stewart. 


Which he kept secret at first because he values his privacy. 

West proposed to Jon after dating less than a year. West was originally based in San Francisco, USA before heading to the Philippines. They then travelled to Toronto, Canada to get hitched in front of a judge. 

They met in a party in a friend's house. 

You can't help but not miss that spark in his smile when is asked about his love life. Good for Jon!


He is a hit in the country.

Jon is included in the top 10 best comedian-impersonators in the Philippines that is why so many have been asking him to perform in front of a very large audience which he declines because he prefers smaller and more intimate venues like the Teatrino Greenhills where he is a regular. 

"Ever since I’ve entered the comedy profession, I’ve always preferred small venues. Yun ang nakasanayan ko na [That's what I've been used to].
"Gusto ko yung nakikita ko agad ang audience. I want to know kung bored na ba sila kaya kailangan ibahin ko na ang routineko." (I want to see the audience right away. I want to know if they're bored so I have to change my routine.)"
Jon is not only a great comedian but is also loving, humble and kind. He truly is one of a kind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment