Wednesday, March 16, 2016

• SANA DATI: The most frustrating movie I've EVER watched •

"Andrea is about to marry a man she does not love when a mysterious guest arrives and reminds her of the man she truly loves." 

A Film by: Jerrold Tarog

This movie has scored a 7.8/10 rating in IMDb (In Filipino standards, I'm assuming) and might I add that it deserved that high of a rating. Although an indie film, this movie proves that the imprinted signature cliché Filipino films we have may finally have a cure to its disease of corniness.

Now, I don't watch Filipino films for a reason and I'd rather not say as it will cause quite a stir on my stand on patriotism but Sana Dati had definitely caught my attention. 

It wasn't like other Filipino movies because it tells the story well; as if a narrator was reading to his audience. 

The camera placement, SFX, theme surprised me as they weren't "crappy" unlike others films'.

The movie confused me so much because at first I wasn't sure who or what the movie was about. Who were they talking about, why was she and Dennis flirting so much and why did she have such an annoying best friend? Of course I got my answers after watching and I say, I'm impressed.

I was moved because she was hurt. She was in such depth after losing a loved one, so much so, she was almost suicidal. Although she had a different way of getting over everything, she just couldn't forget him. (or not until the last scene, at least)

This movie made me feel different afterwards because I was driven back and forth to the thought of whether or not I'll be as crazy and out of myself as Andrea was after Andrew's passing. She touched me in a way I've never felt before because I know that falling in love is inevitable. Once you're in, there's no way out and that scares me. But this movie taught me not to be. It was of love, loss and letting go. By far the most interesting Filipino film I've laid my eyes upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment